To set up Microsoft Office Outlook 2010:
- Open Microsoft Office Outlook 2010.
- Go to File > Info > Add Account.
- Select the checkbox Manually configure server settings or additional server types. Click Next.
- Select the Internet Email option and click Next.
- Specify the following:
- Your name.
- Your email address.
- Account type. If you want to keep copies of messages on the server, select the IMAP option. If you do not want to keep any messages on the server, select the POP3 option. We strongly recommend that you use your mail account as a IMAP account.
- Incoming mail server. Type your mail server which will be emailed to you by our support team.
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP). Type your mail server, which will be emailed to you by our support team.
- User Name. Specify your full email address. Example: email@example.com.
- Password. Please type the password provided.
- Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA). Leave this option cleared.
- Click More Settings, open the Outgoing Server tab and check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Click the Advanced tab, and make sure your outgoing mail sever port is set to ‘2525’.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
Please read the original email sent to you with your new account from Ingenuity, as it will have settings for your emails.